Tuesday, November 3, 2009

About the blog...

This blog is therapy.  By writing about my turmoils I hope to find greater happiness than I currently have and come to terms with the world around me without substituting reality for an illusion.

I am an uncompromising, unforgiving realist.  As such, I have a very hard, punitive, desperate, dog eat dog view of the world and humanity.  I can be and typically am brutally honest.

I also recognize this is a terrible way to go through life.  You don't have to imagine that I don't fall asleep too easily.  I want to change that.

However, to adopt a position of denying the world around you is ignorant and rife with misleading yourself.  As such, my goal is to remain a realist, but also come to terms with the world around me in a way that does not keep me up at night.

My turmoils are usually masked by and revealed in current events.  I expect I will post about human behavior when faced with various choices like: culture, logic, critical thought, fitness and health, current events, public policy, economics, markets, investing, personal finance, time management, baseball, music, individual freedom, and everyday "about nothing" Seinfeld life.

Hopefully I will have the courage and insight to ask questions about things I do not have a solid position or do not understand.  And if my posts are not intelligent, I sure hope they are funny.  Maybe even both....

No comments:

Post a Comment