Monday, February 8, 2010

A Reconing is Coming for Some of Us

I was catching up on some very old email today when I came across this link sent to me, http://www.zerohedge.com/article/decline-city-and-state.

The following dialog ensued:
ME: Obesity, in all its forms, ultimately leads to a painful premature death.
SENDER: Finally, I am starting to hear little statements here and there by elected officials that the status quo cannot be sustained. For example, the newly elected county exec here in Westchester recognizes the insanity of public employee benefits and is trying to get non-union workers to contribute toward their health insurance premiums as a first step.
ME:  Meanwhile, organized labor opposed the Obama Health plan because it would have taxed/penalized the gold plated Cadillac plans union members so richly enjoy.

My point in all of this is: if you are a public servant, union member, or recipient of a generous corporate benefit then what you think you have you do not, what has been promised to you will not be there you attempt to claim it, and what you think you are entitled to is unsustainable and no longer deemed acceptable, reasonable, nor responsible by many of your fellow citizens.

I suggest you start saving much more of your income and get comfortable with the fact you are not entitled to much more than the opportunity to survive (much like the rest of us).  If I were in your shoes I'd start demanding more freedom of choice in your benefits since those who have made you grand promises have failed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment